Thread: Foster hamsters
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:03 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Foster hamsters

Rodney loves the new wheel and can run even faster on this one. He also uses it like a swing, sits on it and swings from side to side.

He takes food from my fingers now with my hand inside his cage and i can stroke him gently.

It looks like he has a peeing corner near his house but i'll give him the full two weeks before i do any spot cleaning and install a corner toilet. Edwina next door will have to put up with a slightly smelly neighbour for a few more days.

He's only little so the small house is still big enough but i start to wonder if he has enough room in his nest. He must have a hoard in there going by him disappearing into his house with full pouches. He has also carried a whole shrimp cookie, a wooden chew stick and a whimzee into his house.

I so much enjoy watching him behave like a proper hamster doing all the hamstery things he wasn't able to do in his previous, awful cage.

He loves his sand bath under the corner shelf which has a piece of cork in front of it so its like a little sand cave.

I'm really looking forward to watch him grow and will do everything i can to help him become a confident hamster ready to move on to a suitable forever home.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote