View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:54 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Re: The next step...

Thank you both for your replies. It really does help talking to people who have been though the same thing. It's certainly the hardest part of having an animal, saying goodbye.

I don't know much about Dwarfs, but it's nice to hear you think the cage I have would be suitable for one. It's funny, when I first got my cage I thought it was huge and the Trixie wooden wheel looked like the London Eye! I'm guessing the 28cm wheel is too big for a dwarf, would the next size down be more suitable? As the cage is in my room, I really wanted a quiet one and after trialling a few I found the Trixie wooden one to be the quietest.
I did have a sand bath but Roly used it as a toilet so I ended up taking it out. I still have it though and also some unused sand.
Before making any decisions, I will do some research into the little guys, but if anyone has any info and advice they would like to share, please feel free to. Is there any difference between males and females, do they like to be handled, are their characteristics similar to Syrians..? I guess it all depends on the individual really...

xxx Love and Miss You Roly xxx
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote