View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 06:46 AM  
Pokii
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
I'm not sure whether males or females are calmer, but Robos in general are not calm at all. They are really fun to watch but very hard to tame. I had a Robo as my first hamster. She was a female and much calmer and slower than most Robos but still too timid to be handled. I was able to feed her from my hand. It seems most pet shop Robos aren't handleable. That's not a problem if that's what you want from a hamster, but it can be disappointing to have a hamster you can't handle if it's what you expected. They love burrowing and like lots of tunnels and things to hide in so you can create a really nice enclosure for a Robo and just watch them hamstering.
Thank you so much! I'm really new to this so attempting to handle a jumpy hamster would probably stress me out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I haven’t had personal experience with Robos but from what I know I would totally agree with what sushi says, they probably aren’t the best ham to start off with unless you can get one from a breeder that’s used to being handled unless you’re happy with what is likely to be more of a pet to watch than interact with.
I keep both Russian hybrids & Chinese & with both species find the females are far more active & busy little things than the males who tend to be a bit more lazy! So if you want calmer then I would go for a male, they are all individual so you can never be sure though!
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind. I've never handled any sort of small animal so I think I'll try to aim for a Syrian instead, since I've read that they are calmer.

Last edited by Fluffagrams; 09-29-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Pokii is offline   Reply With Quote