Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

Pickle is nicely settled into his Plaza cage. He dug a load of bedding out from in front of his ladder so there was a big hole there - meaning he couldn’t reach the ladder! Luckily it is screwed to the bars so can’t fall over. And he can still use his tube so he had alternative access to his shelf. The substrate dug out had mostly been moved to one side of his house - front, side and top. So suspect he is nesting at that end and was insulating his nest end - a very nice mountain effect . His coconut now looks like a hobbit hole surrounded by substrate all round. Colder nights recently and he takes all the nesting paper I put out every night.

He was out in the cage last night - he likes sitting on top of the bendy bridge in the middle of the cage. He cane out for some sofa time for the first time since his cage move and had a stroke. He seemed pleased to see me as went down the inside of my fleece top and crawled all over me and tickled my neck . Either that or I was just an interesting obstacle course. But he does snuggle up to your neck before either crawling down my back or inside my top.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote