Thread: Kids vs hamster
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 07:07 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Kids vs hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
I have mentioned a family here at the forum a while ago. They are supposted to come tomorrow to get one off the hamsters. They have bought a cage, food, carefresh, sand, and she says that she and the kids are motivated to try to have the hamster and think the hamster will be getting a good life with them. But then I think. What if the hamster dont fit for them?
I think that we have already discussed adoption issues at length and there's nothing further to add that hasn't already been said. It really is down to your judgement now to decide whether you are going to let this family adopt one of your hamsters or not.
As i said before, i only let a hamster go when i'm a 100% sure that it is a suitable forever home. If not, then i turn people down. Fact is, the majority of people i have turned down because i'm prepared to keep a hamster indefinately until the right person applies. If that doesn't happen then i'm prepared to give the hamster a good life myself for the duration of its natural life.
That is the kind of commitment you have to make when taking in hamsters for rehoming.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote