View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:42 PM  
xiaojie1
Newborn Pup

Question how long should I wait before moving things?

Hi! I moved my hamster into his new cage a little over a week ago. The setup can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c96...w?usp=drivesdk

Ever since then, he’s been obsessed with the wooden house on the second platform; he never uses his old plastic hideout anymore. I bought a second one to put on the lower level, so that there is bedding, but I don’t currently have space to put it.

The purple thing is from his old cage; it used to be an attachment that he loved and I put it in his new cage when we switched so that he’d have something familiar.

I want to put the new house on the left side, but if I just add it and shift the tube and the purple thing so that the house fits, that side of the cage gets really cramped and he loses a clear path to the water bottle. Ideally, I’d put it in and then remove the purple thing altogether or move it to the right side of the cage, but since he just started getting comfortable in his new cage I don’t want to make any jarring changes too fast and freak him out again.

Does anyone know how long I should wait before it would be okay to put the house in and drastically move (or take out altogether) the purple tower?

Thanks!

Last edited by xiaojie1; 09-21-2020 at 10:01 PM.
xiaojie1 is offline   Reply With Quote