Thread: Biting
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 12:10 PM  
jsp
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Biting

Thanks, Maker. Yes I think that does sound like a great idea. I hadn't though about the idea that there was no actual pressure to handle him. There is so much information about "how to tame your hamster" that I kind of thought it was essential. It really makes a lot of sense to my mind that with Roc maybe he just doesn't want to be hand tamed, and that maybe we can be chatting friends instead.

Can you tell me a bit more about how to sort out a "house without a floor"? That sounds good. Also, do you think a 10" Kaytee Spinner wheel is good for this kind of hamster? Roc loves his wheel. When he was small if he wasn't on it he used to gaze lovingly at it as if he was just pondering getting back on. At one point we had a 6.5" and a 10" in there as he was between sizes and he used to run from one to the other as they were both just too exciting. Now he is big, the wheel kind of rattles and I wonder if there was a more solid one that would be better.

I also wonder if I ought to put his carboard pipe into his cage somehow since I know he really loves to nest in it. If I could rearrange things a bit, I might be able to incorporate it into the design.

Do you think it's a good idea to sprinkle food round the cage so he has to find it or do you tend to put it in a bowl? I keep wondering if it would make his life a bit more interesting if he has to go about and collect the food rather than it just being right there waiting for him.
jsp is offline   Reply With Quote