View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:45 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bulk buy bedding

I have used Fitch for years and also Kaytee C & C occasionally. The Fitch occasionally varies. Mostly it is white. My last batch was more off white and yes it can have some harder bits but it’s absolutely fine. I used to worry about the odd sharp bit but I don’t any more - it’s just paper and not that sharp- I used to pick out any bits I thought felt a bit sharp but don’t any more and it’s fine. It’s not sharp like a pokey twig and compared to aspen not sharp at all (the end bits of aspen are all technically sharp). It is dust free which I like. I once contacted them when the batch was a slightly beiger colour and not as soft and they said it depends what they’ve been recycling at various times. But even when less soft it is fine.

Kaytee C&C is good too - I keep a bag because sometimes it’s easier to use just for a bit if spot cleaning (ie take the bag to the cage). However my recent new bag was a bit dusty and I wasn’t keen on that. When you pulled a handful out the air was full of a fine dust. It also seemed slightly different. I would rather use slightly less soft Fitch than dusty C&C and an annoyed I have a bag of C&C I now don’t want to use.

Another bulk bedding is Hugro hemp from Zooplus but I was allergic to it.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote