View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 AM  
Ebf9681
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Injured foot on dwarf hamster. Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
OMG that is so terrible, I am sorry you went through this, There is no need to euthanize your hamster what so ever, many hamsters can do very well on 3 legs.
I think the hamster would just lick manuka honey off to be honest.
Pain killer might help him, normally metacam. I don't know about an infection occurring, What does the area look like now, any redness or swelling?
Here are some pics (hopefully I’m doing this correctly and they post the right way) of his injury the first day he had it. The ones with the red circle are from today. And then I’ve included pics from just now with her missing leg. Please note that he is on a wheel in the pics only because it was the easiest way to take a picture without him scurrying over to one of his hideouts, I’ve let him use it for a few minutes here and there in the past two days, once he had chewed his leg off and I observed him. He runs on it like it’s normal... almost as if he doesn’t realize he’s missing an entire appendage. Unfortunately these are the best pics I can take. The pics of his injury are taken from when I had to put him in a box for a few hours before my vet opened, where I stayed up all night to ensure he was still alive and well. He is now in his own cage. I have to find somewhere near me who carries another Aquarium because the cage I have him I’m right now is a plastic bottom with wire bars on top. He hasn’t tried to escape but I’m sure his tiny body could if he attempted. Everywhere I go online I see bad reviews of the glass tanks coming damaged from shipping so I’m weary about it. Anyways, now I am attaching pics .
Ebf9681 is offline   Reply With Quote