View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Absolutely heartbroken.. Sweet dreams my beautiful Roly X

Thank you for saying such lovely words about Roly Ria P. He certainly was a very special little guy. I knew as soon as I saw him in the pet shop that I had to have him, it was love at first sight!
It still seems so unfair that his life was cut so short. I keep torturing myself thinking, if I had been here would things have been different. Might I have noticed a change in his behaviour and been able to take him to the vets and make him better. I guess I will never know...
I have thought about cleaning his cage out but can't yet bring myself to do it. I think cleaning his nest out will be the hardest, seeing half eaten bits of his favourite foods that he was saving to eat another time.
I can't yet imagine another little hamster living in his cage. I would definitely have to change the setup, as like you Ria P, it would just be too upsetting keeping everything the same knowing he will never be in it again. My mum has said in time, when I feel ready, it may help with the healing process looking after another little one.

Thank you all again for your kind and caring words. It helps to speak to people who have been through the same thing. X
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote