Thread: Our Rory
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:58 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Our Rory

Oops! Rory just bit me. Oh well, can't blame him.

The inside of his house started to smell bad because he uses his en suite toilet as a food store and not as a place to pee.
So i lifted the roof off, gave him plenty of time to wake up and tempted him out with some seeds in a mug. Quickly removed the smelly substrate while he sat in the mug eating but he finished the seeds and run back into his house to find his untouched hoard in the toilet in my hand while i was trying to put it back into place. He run to the spot where it should be so i picked him up to put the toilet down.
Of course he turned his head and bit me! Serves me right.

While i got a plaster he moved to the other side of the house so i was able to place the toilet back in the corner.
I stroked him to show that i'm only the cleaner and not a thread and he was fine with that.

I do pick up taming sessions when he's out on my lap or on the futon and he's making good progress with that but inside his cage or house is a different matter and needs more time.

I suppose we all make mistakes when taming our hamsters and they soon let us know when we're going too fast.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote