View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 01:25 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Cage/Peer pressure on social media

[QUOTE=Ria P;943592
I'm also a member on another forum in another country where the minimum enclosure size is significantly larger and the huge, expensive, natural set up tanks you mentioned seem to be the only acceptable habitat to house a hamster in.

I am a silent member.

Silent because my Alaska and Hamster Heavens would be frowned upon and critised no end. Members are generally judgemental about anything that doesn't meet their high standards.

Makes me a bit sad sometimes.[/QUOTE]

This right here is why the 'hamster community' needs to be less judgemental. It puts people off, it doesn't encourage helping one another and learning. People that think only huge cages with natural setups are the only way and correct way are not helping create better lives for all the other little hamsters out in the world.

If we can help and encourage people to improve their hamster care even just with what I consider the basics as stated in my previous post without it costing a fortune then I think that is a good thing.

I made a whole maze out of recycling for Twinkle, he uses it everynight, he loves it. doesn't look pretty, didn't cost anything yet he is happy, anyone can do that if they have the energy to do so.

Last edited by LunaTheHamster1; 09-14-2020 at 01:30 PM.
LunaTheHamster1 is offline   Reply With Quote