View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 11:32 AM  
Ebf9681
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Injured foot on dwarf hamster. Please help!

My girlfriend and I had two male robo dwarf hamsters in one cage. We woke up this morning to see that their “play fighting” had turned really bad overnight. One of them has a swollen, red/purple looking foot that he can’t stand on. We moved him into a separate makeshift cage and all he has done is sleep. He hasn’t ate yet but is drinking a lot of water.

The person we rescued them from said that they were fine as long as they were the same sex and had separate food and water. Now I understand that this is false. I’m super worried about this little guy. It looks like the dominant one has been eating all of their food because the injured one is a lot smaller. I’m kicking myself and extremely upset because neither my girlfriend or I didn’t notice sooner, but we both have been working long hours the past week. I had never heard the injured one squeak or anything until this morning and when I saw his foot I started crying and have been crying since. There’s no bone poking out that I can see.

Any advice is appreciated. I want him to be okay no matter what it takes, costs, etc. I feel horrible.
Ebf9681 is offline   Reply With Quote