View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 11:30 AM  
MaryRobinson
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Signs of mites - even tho' I freeze everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
It does seem a bit strange if you’re freezing everything, they’re not the mites that naturally occur on the skin as those are invisible so they must be coming from some external source.
Any other animals in the house?
It might sound odd but I had an out break of little mites that came from a bit of organic broccoli that got buried & forgotten for a few days so mites (& there are just so many types of them!) can come from all sorts of things.
I would keep trying to figure out where they might possibly be coming from, as they’re not hamster mites I wouldn’t take him to the vet as it shouldn’t be necessary & may well just stress him out a bit.
Thanks Cypher. I know, I'm really perplexed! No, no other animals in the house... No kids either!
Oh - well that's a thought. I do wash his veggies but yes he does have organic broccoli on occasion... I am seriously so confused as to where the bugs are coming from! I wonder if I'm not freezing stuff long enough?? I usually do 48 hours or so. Absolutely, don't want to stress him out especially at the moment when he's new and timid!
MaryRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote