View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 05:48 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: My robo hamster sleeps a lot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy27 View Post
My hamsters have been teething and biting on the cage and food bowl. I have apple orchard sticks for them but they refuse to use them! I have read to spread a little thin layer of peanut butter and they still ignore them. Do you have any suggestions?
A lot of us started off with a cage that was too small. I did and wheels as well. I upgraded my first hamster's wheel three times and his house i had to upgrade as well aside from his cage.
If i wouldn't have listened to the petshop and found out about this forum sooner i could have saved myself quite a bit of money.
I have five hamsters now of different species but would never keep a pair because i would be far too worried that they could start a fight while i'm not around.

When you get the big cage and double up on everything as advised by cypher, keep the old cage just in case you have to separate them immediately and then get a second big cage.
At least you are prepared then, should you decide to keep them together, that is assuming that you are keeping them together now.

I wouldn't use peanut butter because it wouldn't make them chew the stick. They'd simply lick it off if they like it.
A Whimzee dog chew is cheap to buy and i haven't met a hamster yet who doesn't like one. The Whimzee may well disappear underground or in their nest or house. Hamsters make a big effort to move or hide a Whimzee.

Petshops give out a lot of misleading and at times dangerous information, sell totally unsuitable cages and chews, toys and wheels etc which are of no use to most hamsters.

Keeping hamsters is a learning process and by improving our knowledge we improve our hamsters lives.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote