View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 03:30 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: My robo hamster sleeps a lot?!

Hi and welcome to HC!

Hamsters don't always sleep when they're in their houses or burried in the substrate somewhere. They eat, groom, scratch, move around and go for a drink as well as sleep.

I sometimes don't see one of my dwarfs for days because he spends most of his time underground and hamsters about when i'm asleep.
Your hamsters need to settle in and get familiar with their habitats, new smells and sounds and may venture out when its dark and quiet and you're asleep so give them time to adjust.

As for food, Rodipet dwarf hamster junior food is a good mix because its small textured. As for treats, linseeds and mealworms are popular, millet sprays they like to nibble on and tiny amounts of fresh foods introduced slowly like cucumber and broccoli are usually well liked.
Hamsters like a Whimzee dog chew. I get the xs toothbrushes.

As for toys, Robos like all hamsters need a good upright wheel and deep substrate and they like things to run through. My Robo loves his wood log with the holes and he likes to run along the long bendy Trixie ladders, over and under them, bendy bridges, hides, tunnels, cardboard tubes, cork tunnel etc. Robos are fast and active so need a good sized cage with plenty of things to do.

What kind of cages do you have? You could have a look on the thread "Let's see your cages" on the Forum under Housing to get ideas.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote