Thread: New cage?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 12:49 AM  
Merlina
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New cage?

If you are in uk amazon have the duna maxi on sale at the moment (still expensive though). I have the large duna fun _ top shelf removed for 28cm wheel _ and use the bar section to attach ledges, tunnels and bridges to form a gallery level all around (my ham is not a bar biter but there is not much uncovered bar space if you do this). That way you get good overhead cover and extra exploring spaces. If you use deep bedding there is no height issue. For easy access I put the cage inside a large playpen and then remove the top two sections just leaving the base. That way hamster can run in and out as he wishes and won't be frightened by hands coming from above. I was concerned the cage would be too small (originally for an elderly hamster with mobility problems) and was planning to get the duna maxi but Skarloey seems very happy and even with the cage open on the floor prefers to be in there most of the time. If yours is a bar biter who wants lots of space this might not work for you though.
Merlina is offline   Reply With Quote