View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:01 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: I have done a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_ice View Post
Both beautiful lads

Damon deff isn't hooded. Hooded is like the name suggests, like a whole colour covering the head and then (ideally) the colour extends down the back in a stripe (can be broken in many poor examples). That triangle marking on his face is badger if the rest of his body was a solid colour but now I can see the rest I'd say he's a (colour standard wise speaking) a poor variegated

https://www.nfrs.org/varieties_marked.html

Essex has a head spot yes but it also dilutes the colour too mkaking like a faded effect so black essex rats appear a faded black, grey, white mixture (one of my fave boys was black essex) The colour fades down into their white belly, very distinctive

Attachment 51144

A head spot is just that, a tiny little patch in between the eyes. Inky's marking extends across the whole face in a block but as it is "wonky" it is a mismarked blaze ( a blaze usually is like a stripe down the middle). It looks like he has a white full belly, socks and a dipped tail so that would be berkshire

You also said Splat is berkie... he seems to be all black to me?? If he has white markings on his belly but not the whole belly, that isn't berkie (see the markings link above). I can't see any little white "socks" on him either or tail markings which would suggest a berkie.

Not that any of it matters! It only matters if you plan to show them and want to see how they compare to the standard
Ah I see what you mean. Splat is just a Dumbo black self. It's more Inkys that had me baffled. All out of curiosity, makes no difference to me lol.