View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:41 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Borneo XL: my thoughts and review

Hello. It's available on Amazon.de. on the link below - although it depends who the seller is - it's not until you put it in the basket and go part way through the transaction process (without completing it) that it shows whether Uk delivery is possible and how much.

To be honest it is a very very tall cage for a Syrian hamster and there is now a better 100cm cage with a big front door available in the Uk. The Savic Hamster Plaza. It's £75 and sold by Pets at Home. It's the same size - 100 x 50 but not nearly as tall so much easier to set up safely.

The Savic Plaza is approx 48cm tall so with the base full of bedding the fall risks aren't really an issue. The Borneo is 60cm tall - it really needs a full level to make it safe.

I've also added the link to the Savic Plaza. I have it for one of our syrians. I didn't use the green shelf because it takes up too much space, along with the ladder, so I bought a different shelf and use a large labyrinth hosue as a shelf too - also makes it easier to fit a house and wheel in (which is difficult wiht the green shelf and ladder in place).

Borneo

https://www.amazon.de/M%C3%A4use-und...6810739&sr=8-5

Savic Hamster Plaza

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...r-and-rat-cage

There are also two very good 100cm cages sold by Zooplus - the Barney and Alexander cages - which come with good platforms (most people paint the wood shelves with plastikote water based enamel paint to waterproof them).

They don't have the big front door though - they have two smalll doors at the front and a big one on top. I also have the Barney cage and it worked really well for one syrian who was quite gregarious, but the small front doors didn't work well at all for our current syrian as he is more shy. It was a nightmare trying to get him out.

I like the Savic Plaza. It seems the Barney and Alexander aren't in stock at Zooplus at the moment anyway.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote