View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 04:40 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Living World Eco Habitat Cage

Ok, so took me 4 days but I finally got the cage ready for Twinkle. Videos and pics coming out in about a months time when I sort them and edit them

The only problem I can see so far is that he can get his bottom teeth through the ventilation holes on the side. I hope this was just him trying to work out what is going on. I slept with the living room and my bedroom door open last night so if he managed to chew his way out hopefully I would hear him and/or he would only venture into the bedroom if he did escape, but now that I think about it he would have had a big drop! Oops I may put a cushion there tonight. Am I worrying about nothing, has anyone else had this problem with this cage?

I did think i could get a strip of the mesh and attach it through a couple of the ventilation holes with a bolt or something. (Jute string or zip ties until I could get hold of some bolts) Or alternatively I could move all the bedding away from the ends and just pile it up in the middle.

I think I will just see what happens over the next few nights.

The cutest little thing is when his nose sniffs through the holes, but I must admit I do miss the interaction you get with a barred cage. I am hoping I won't be so upset over this over time, but at the moment I miss it. Does anyone else think like that re these styles of cages?