View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 02:23 AM  
rnoer
Newborn Pup

Question Sleeping Behaviour

Hi there, I got my hamster about 7 months ago. and for the past few weeks i’ve had to move my hamster into my bedroom for personal reasons. my hamster is a bar biter. She has plenty chewing toys, gnawing sticks, treats to chew on but absolutely nothing has worked and she refuses to chew anything except the bars of her cage. her cage is the correct size and i think she only does it for attention as she will be awake with me for hours and be content in her cage right up until i lay down and go to sleep, then she chews the bars like crazy which is very loud. one night i had to be up early the next day and she was being so loud i couldn’t sleep, so i put some bedding in her travel cage (which is a decent sized one) along with some food and toys, and put her in there for the night so she has no loud bars to chew on. this worked and she was quiet the whole night and even chewed the toys i put in for her. i have now done this a few times to save my self an extra couple hours of sleep, my hamster usually wakes up around 9pm and i don’t put her in her travel cage until around 2am, but now i feel she’s chewing the bars to get put in her travel cage. for example, usually if i put her in her travel cage and move her back into her cage in the morning, from 7-9 (time differs) she’ll go straight to sleep or run around for half an hour before going to bed since it’s morning. but now, when i put her back in the cage in the morning she continues to chew her bars until i put her in her travel cage, and the minute i put her in her travel cage she goes to sleep? her cage is always up to clean standards and she has plenty space and things to do in there. does she just enjoy being in her travel cage? is it okay for her to be sleeping in her travel cage then moving her late morning/afternoon when i’m getting up as well?
rnoer is offline   Reply With Quote