View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 04:40 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: I have done a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
They are beautiful little creatures. Do they run away when you let them out of their cage or do you put them in a playpen? I can imagine that they are a lot faster and agile than hamsters. Are rats more active during the day or night?
They're lucky to be here to be honest. I thought I'd lose them by now. They were so malnourished and weedy I didn't think they'd make it this far.

I am going to invest in a very large playpen. At the moment they go on my bed for free roaming. Smaller space and forces them to interact with me, thus helps with taming.

As soon as I sit by the door Splat (all black) will be by the door and will jump out and sit on my lap and enjoys the attention.

Inky will come up to me but prefers to go in my pocket, sleeve or snuggle sack. She's not a massive fan of open spaces.

Oh yes much faster and agile than hamsters. When splats excited she can do a lap of the cage, just jumping on the bars, faster than you can blink.

They can be active during the day and night. Girls are usually more active than boys and you can hear them at night playing, running on the wheel and digging.