Thread: New hamster.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:40 AM  
Geo92
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Bath tub taming is a good way to start handling him. A bit at a time. It seems quite an unusual place on top of his foot for the sore. It does suggest he might have trapped his foot in something. Look for any small gaps - sometimes a gap between a ladder and a shelf or wider gaps in bendy bridge can cause an issue. Also I'd check the wheel really carefully to see if there is anywhere he could get a foot caught. Many wheels can have the odd safety issue. Nails in wood toys and houses can be another culprit - especially if they've chewed the wood and exposed a nail.

the spot on his foot, does appear to be going away, so that's good. his wheel is just plastic 12" wheel don't see any issues with it. I think he may of just hurt it when climbing the cage bars, he also used to chew one side of the cage quite alot, put in a tuff tunnel kinda underground. and not noticed him chewing or climbing the bars since.

I did try bath tub taming at the start.. maybe I just wasn't following through enough.. I did let him roam on my bed couple days ago. (I used the empty container for the sand) it's pretty good for transporting him.. I do have a carrier but sometimes it's hard to get him back in lol

when on my bed he was trying to go behind my pillows and one point almost falling off the bed.. sadly my room has lots of stuff can hide and never get him back, like wardrobe and desk lol so was abit worried about that.

at the same time, he does take food/treats from my fingers also.
Geo92 is offline   Reply With Quote