View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 07:02 PM  
Presley524
Hamster Pup

Default How To Nicely Tell someone They aren't Taking Good Care of Their Hamster?

So, I have this friend of mine who went out to get a hamster when I talked about getting a new one. She was telling me about all this "Research" she did for him, and most of it is wrong... She told me that she keeps her little Robo in a 20g high fish tank (dimensions are 24 in by 12 in) with less than an inch of bedding. She also lets him use a exercise ball. Which every time I've seen him in it he seems super stressed out. When I go to visit my friend, her hamster is trying his hardest to dig in the bedding and tries to climb up his toys to escape. I tried to tell her subtly how to take care of them by talking about my hamster set up for my hamsters. Like, how much bedding and cage size (I know cage size is mostly opinion, but I feel like 20g is wayyy to small no matter how you look at it especially with her hammy trying to escape.) When I told her what I do though, she said I was over spoiling my hamsters. Anyone else have an idea to tell her? I don't want to make her feel bad because she genuinely loves her hamster just read the wrong information about them...
Any advice on bringing this up to her would be greatly appreciated!
Presley524 is offline   Reply With Quote