Thread: Foster hamsters
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 05:50 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Foster hamsters

Since last week foster hamster Sandy lives in the Samla and he loves his wheels. According to my OH a 'war of the wheels' was taking place the other night when i was at work. Edwina and Sandy were battling it out and they are both pretty fast.

Yesterday i made a bin cage in 3.5 hours which is a personal record. I had to because there was no space in the rescue for white hamster Stuart so i fostered him. He is lovely, very tame and sociable. He kept climbing out of his cage, onto my hand and up my arm. At first i thought that he doesn't like his cage but now i think that he's a hamster who wants human company.

Surprisingly, i don't have a problem with foster hamsters moving on. As soon as one moves to a suitable forever home i think of the next one that could be given this opportunity.
Aside from that, i also enjoy getting to meet different hamsters. They are all so different with their own personalities and its lovely to be able to spend time with all these little characters.

Edwina sat in my hand again last night with her big ears perked up and sniffing in the direction of the new arrival. I wonder what she makes of all the different sounds and scents around her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200527_172410.jpg (2.44 MB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20200601-WA0007.jpg (258.4 KB, 43 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote