View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 AM  
Chicleteer
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Leaving Syrian alone a few nights a week

Thank you, Ria P. Those are helpful insights. I’m thinking of using 2 water sources, one being the water bottle and the other a self-refillable water dish, which I think is very well designed (someone mentioned it on this forum; it’s the Dahey Drinking Water Feeder for small pets), and which is designed so it doesn’t topple over.

As far as the ham wanting out-of-cage time, I’m aware that I may have helped create that situation and expectation by allowing Chiclet lots of time outside the cage initially and all along. It might have helped (and helped my own schedule as well) if I had more limits on it.

In the U.S., there are so few breeders! I wish there were more. I was unable to find one driving distance from Massachusetts, so if anyone knows of one, I’d be very interested. My plan was to get one from a family-owned pet store that specializes in small animals, and who seem to take much better care of the animals than the big pet shops are apt to. Right now, with the virus, they’re not selling live animals, so I’d have to wait anyhow.

Thanks very much for your feedback, Ria! And I hope Master Henry is doing well these days. I really enjoyed his past correspondence with Mistress Poppy....
Chicleteer is offline   Reply With Quote