View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 10:08 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Leaving Syrian alone a few nights a week

I am on a 24hr shift right now and normally my partner who is at home, would have been away overnight as well.

Our hamsters live in escape proof cages, have two sources of water and plenty of food available to them at all times.
Our Syrian likes to share our breakfast but comes out of his nest for brunch instead on mornings when i'm not home.

I don't think hamsters get lonely or worry when home alone because their home is their habitat and as long as they're happy in there they are fine.

I do need to mention that all my hamsters are self contained little animals who like their own company and the one who is more sociable with humans is a bit of a daytime hamster who likes out of cage time with me during the day and often sleeps during the night.

I don't know how it would work with a hamster who wants out every evening and bar chews to get attention.

You could enquire at a rescue where the personality and habits of a hamster are already known to find a quieter one and sometimes breeders advertise retired show hamsters with a quiet and independent personality that may be more suitable.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote