Thread: Foster hamsters
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 03:38 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Foster hamsters

Thank you all.
Its the rescue who is going to find him a good forever home not me. I'm only a volunteer who collects hamsters and guinea pigs to take to the rescue and makes the odd bin cage. It is very rewarding and makes me very happy when i collect a hamster living in a tiny and bare cage and then hear of the same hamster living it up in a Barney and getting lots of attention. Living the life they deserve.

Bob is a little devil. Late last night he walked into a mug and i took him out of his cage, put him on my lap so he can start getting used to humans. Bob darted off my lap onto the floor and legged it. I had absolutely no intentions of introducing him to free roaming at this early stage. He zoomed around and obviously enjoyed a proper run while i sat on the floor wondering how on earth i'm going to catch a very fast and tiny pitch black hamster in a darkish room with black motorcycle gear on the floor. He wasn't scared and approached me sniffing but everytime i offered up the mug he took off again. I managed to corner him eventually and caught him with the mug. Bob went straight back into his cage and had a snack before running on his wheel.

His flying saucer wheel was wonky so i bought him a new one today. I took the wonky one out and put the new one in but had to move some substrate out of the way. Suddenly there was this almighty angry screech! I didn't know that he was sleeping in this particular heap of Kaytee. I must have woken him by mistake in the middle of the day and he soon let me know that this was not acceptable.

He's a feisty little fellow.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote