View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 06:50 AM  
ChocoMintAnswersSincere
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Baby Bunnies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy001 View Post
Hello!
I have 4 bunnies. 2 sets of bonded pairs. Please join House Rabbit Society group on FB, great source for bunny related questions.
From my experience, bunnies are high maintenance pets, and expensive to keep. Exotic vetting is expensive for bunny medical care.
They are prone to GI stasis which can be life threatening, temperature sensitive, can’t tolerate heat or cold weather.
Dwarf breeds are prone to dental disease, due to face structures. They must be brushed regularly to prevent hair ball gut blockage.
They can be litter box trained, however, they poop A LOT, due to they are hine gut animals, that needs hay 24/7.
Bunnies should not be caged They are very active, and need large space to live. They can be destructive, in that, they will chew cords, base boards home needs to be bunny proof if bunny free roams the house.
Bunnies diet is mostly good quality Timothy hay, and mix of bunny safe veggies/greens daily.
Limited pellets.
They need toys, chews since their teeth like hamsters, continues to grow.
They are interesting animals, that can bond with humans, although most don’t like to be picked up, or touched much.
Bunnys are very intelligent, and social, which do best with another bunny.
They must be spayed & neutered for health reasons.
If you have the time, space & the funds, they do make for nice pets.
Hi! Wow, thanks for all the info.

Thanks for letting me know about the house rabbit society and it's so cool that you have 4 bunnies. I plan on getting 2 bunnies that will free roam. Thanks for letting me know about the health concerns and the info about the dwarf breeds. I am starting to bunny proof the house and buy lots of toys for them.

Do you have any recommendations on what breed I should get?
ChocoMintAnswersSincere is offline   Reply With Quote