Thread: Savic Plaza
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 05:43 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Savic Plaza

At $200 I could make an absolutely massive DIY cage - more than twice the space of the Plaza, and it would hold more substrate. I probably wouldn't even have to spend the full $200 if I'm being honest.

I do still think it's a somewhat viable option in the UK. There are lower cost options even in that scenario, but it is a good looking cage - just very high cost and not exactly perfect.

Thinking about it even further, my project to create what I've called a "frankenbin"(essentially combining multiple bins in such a way that you have uninterrupted continuous floor space - this has been done by others) was going to be less expensive and still no less than double the size of the Plaza. That project probably would cost a similar amount at the moment as it is difficult to get the specific bins I was going to use(they're seasonal and may not even be available - if they are they're probably much more expensive), but if planned well I could probably keep it around half the cost(maybe less) without including any supplies for setting the cage itself up.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote