View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:07 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Front opening cages

Apart from the Alaska there is the Hamster Heaven (80 x 50) and the Savic hamster plaza (100 x 50). I have the Savic plaza and the Savic Mickey 2xl (which is basically a hamster heaven with narrow bar spacing). The Alaska is a better height for fitting an 11” wheel although it will fit in the Hamster heaven. I have the wood trixie wheel screwed to the top bars to make the most of that cage shape and size.

That’s about it for barres cages with front opening doors. There is the Borneo cage from Amazon.de but it is very tall and shipping could be an issue from Germany at the moment.

Pets at home sell the Savic plaza - if you have the space it’s a good cage for a Syrian but you need extras for it really - a good sized house for one. And the green shelf really limits what you can get in the cage. I didn’t use mine and put wood shelves in instead.

Not sure if Zooplus will still be shipping the Alaska or Hamster heaven still but you can get the Hamster heaven in a few places for about £60. I like my Savic Mickey 2xl because it is future proof - will the narrow bar spacing it is suitable for any species of hamster and not too tall for dwarf hamsters. You can only get it on Amazon and it costs about £86 but I think it’s a good investment.

Our first Syrian was in it for a while, then I had a Robo in it and currently another Syrian.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote