View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 05:39 PM  
TrademarkPT
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Dwarf hybrid bloody bottom

Floki bled again today. A lot more than before. It was the second time it happened, the first time was the one I mentioned in my post. I called the vet and took her right away.

Turns out, the blood is not coming out of the anus. It's coming out of her genitalia. Yes, I say HER because Floki is a girl. We have been wrong about her sex for the full year and a half she's been with us. We'd been led astray first by the pet shop owner that sexed her as male and later a vet that checked her out. That and of cours our own observations but she never liked being held on her back so we never had anything more than quick looks at her anus and genitalia. It doesn't help her scent gland is very visible, that we can't see her nipples and her backside fooled us into thinking she had testicles.

Anyway, back on track... The vet says she is bleeding from her genitalia. Which could mean either an infection or a tumor. She has been medicated, she is doing antibiotics, an anti inflammatory, painkillers and Iron supplement.

At this point I find myself hoping it is indeed an infection and that she will pull through. Boy or girl, we love that little ball of fluff.
TrademarkPT is offline   Reply With Quote