View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 03:55 AM  
luciillama
Newborn Pup

Post Re: Hamster with infection keeps sneezing/chirping??

I managed to get a quick video today of her making the noise, this was shortly after giving her medicine this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4_Jsw23kI

Straight after getting the video she took some food out of her pouch and started eating it, so that could be a good sign? She still acts normal, it's just that she gets into these sneezing 'fits' a fair few times a day. I also made a little clicking noise to her shortly afterwards to get her attention and to try getting a better look at her and she wasn't making any sound at all while she was breathing, so it's not constant (she is also silent when she sleeps, but sometimes wakes up and has another one of these sneezing episodes)

Her fur has come off a little bit around her nose, which I feel like could be because she does groom around her nose a lot? I've started giving her a little bit of thyme tea as well to see if that helps her, it seems like she just gets moments where she sneezes a lot and her nose gets a bit congested, maybe it's a cold? It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

I've kept her bedding as it is for now, and have been having a quick look at her teeth each time I give her medicine - the teeth seem to be doing okay in terms of length, if I notice them getting too long again I will definitely have them trimmed.

It could just be that she's not fully healed yet, I'm going to go ahead and give her antibiotics for a couple more days and see how she goes, I'm just very stressed at the moment (and so is she, I'd assume) and I'm just not sure what to do
luciillama is offline   Reply With Quote