View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 02:10 PM  
Amelieamatthews
Newborn Pup

Default New Syrian owner

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum! i have previously owned Syrian hamsters when i was a child and bought a new female Syrian Hamster just under a week ago. i have done lots of research before i bought her and since, currently I'm worrying about the taming process! I just want her to be comfortable and not scared... I'm also worried about getting bitten! So far i have not picked her up the furthest i have got is her taking treats from my hand. She is slightly timid when i stroke her however i would say she is petrified. some advice on how to keep the taming process progressing without it going on for too long and it being too late! is that a thing? I had some thoughts about setting up a play area in my bath for her to run around in before i start handling her- will this be too stressful?
My little sister also got a syrian at the same time as me (under careful watch of me and mum) she has been able to almost fully tame her hamster! I understand every hamster is different and i just need to take it slow.
Any advice or reassurance you could give would be very welcome! She has just woken up for the evening...
Many Thanks
Amelie & Egg

Last edited by souffle; 03-26-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Amelieamatthews is offline   Reply With Quote