View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 01:46 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: URGENT! Need help with identifying my hamsters health problem.

That is very difficult if you are in lockdown. Could you ring the vet and see what they think. Does Teddy seem in pain at all? Sometimes it is difficult to tell if they’re in pain as they’re prey animals but ears down all the time can be a sign and not running on his wheel sounds like discomfort. Has he always had a hunched back? If so it may be that his lifespan could be a bit shorter. And at 1 year 4 months he is not far off 18 months - average lifespan can be 18 months to 2.5 years but many hamsters only live to 18 months. It is difficult without a vet seeing but the black lump and swelling in his back doesn’t sound good. It may be a case of keeping him comfortable or helping him on his way if he is in pain. I am just wondering if the vet would give you metacam after a phone call - deliver it maybe. It may help if he is in pain but if it’s a tumour then the Metacam won’t be enough eventually and then the kindest thing is to help him on his way.

I think I would phone the vet because he may know more about what to do regarding the lockdown regulations.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote