View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 04:05 PM  
Matildasmom
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please stay safe

Here in NY they are taking it very seriously; as they should. We have confirmed cases here and there is a lockdown. My husband is Italian; we came back to the US a few years ago after living there near his family for over a decade. Right now, we have lost family members and we can't get any info on my mother-in-law but we know she's not in her home. The relatives we know that have died from the virus most assuredly were in contact with my mother-in-law. This happened very, very quickly. We talked to them only a few weeks ago; some days before Italy had lost close to 1000 people and quickly escalating.

My son and I go to College here in NY; I'm 50 with diabetes while he's healthy and 21. Some professors had the attitude that this was overcautious; other's have gotten sick with low-grade symptoms. If my son got sick; it would be spread here at home. I am a high risk person. My daughter has severe asthma and I am most worried about her being here at home with us. All of our neighbors are over 70 and many even older on our street. Our area has even run out of test kits and just being told to stay in quarantine.

This is only the beginning; we can learn from the other countries while still learning more of this virus. There is no escaping the same outcomes simply because we are Americans if there are no different variables. This is simple math and science. Our statistics are already showing a slower rate then other countries by beginning earlier. That means we will go through it longer but maybe we can get a better outcome.

I hope everyone stays safe and keeping low in stress. All the best thoughts to your families as well.
Matildasmom is offline   Reply With Quote