View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 03:13 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Please stay safe

I think it is that this virus could kill millions of people if the social distancing wasn’t brought in. It is strange that it is only really serious for over 40s/50s and people with existing health conditions, but that is an awful lot of the population. They need to try and stop it spreading and slow it down so the health service can cope with the numbers of people who are seriously ill until a vaccine is produced.

It is a very strange and hard time for everyone and I can completely understand how you feel. We sometimes have moments of thinking it is all unreal. But in a way we are lucky that we have had so many freedoms since the end of the Second World War. And I try and remember that if it wasn’t for those people who died in that war or survived it - we wouldn’t have had this free country all this time.

I have never known anything like this. If you look at other countries it is a very serious thing.

I think the social distancing is less important for younger people providing they then avoid the people at risk and that is the problem - it spreads and people come into contact with each other.

We can only hope that this is a short term measure to stop the virus in its tracks and slow things down.

It is probably better not to know too much and just accept it is a very serious world epidemic. We need to ensure things don’t get as bad as they are in Italy - too many people for the hospitals to treat. I am sure they will be working on treatments.

What is happening here now is what they did in China and things are starting to get better there now so although it’s a tough time it is better than not doing it and having a worse tough time for a much longer time - if that makes sense.

Have you ever read “The day of the triffids”? . It’s fiction but it describes the kind of apocalyptic scenario when something can’t be stopped until they find a solution.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 03-18-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote