View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 03:20 AM  
Celestial
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Goodbye my little Marshmellow + her Biography (WARNING: It gets very sad at the e

Thank you souffle, Littlephodopusmom (and for hugs (>^_^)> ), Petite, Vierville, VOESSY, Charlie Dunn, Serendipity7000, and Ria P for all your kind words. ^_^

I am coping, but I still habitually check her cage to see if she's up, and put a treat or two in there every night for some reason (there's quite a pile in there now).
She will always have a special place in my heart, and I feel so lucky to have had her. <3 Sadly, I don't think I'll be blessed with another as lovey as her... (I hope to be proved wrong!)
However, I think I have gotten out of the depression stage as, rather than waking up praying that it was just a nightmare, I am now mentally making a checklist to prepare for another dwarf hamster to love.
There’s been a sort of “hamsterpocalypse” so I don’t know when we’ll be able to get another. There is hope as the place where we got Marshmellow finally had a couple of dwarfs (from a new supplier) reserved for people on a list. We have gotten ourselves on that list now. (I can’t find a breeder nearbyish, and the stores haven’t had dwarf hamsters for over a month until today, and even Syrians have been rare, due to their suppliers’ “having issues.” And the last time we saw another winter white was a few months after we first got her.)

Last edited by Celestial; 03-01-2020 at 03:53 AM.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote