View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:09 AM  
Ithuviel
Adult Hamster

Default Re: 2 litters at the same time (help with info pls)

Quote:
Ithuviel, all I can say is a huge and very heart-felt "well done!".

You are caring for these little creatures that have been placed in a tough situation through no fault of their own and it is not an easy task so please just know that I have immense respect for what you are doing.
Such nice words thank you. Sorry for replying late but i have updates. So everything is going fine so far. Pups have started walking around 3 days ago but they still have their eyes closed. The mother made a total of 3 burrows and the pups keep moving around. I've already ordered wheels for when i need to separate them.

When you said that if there is one female i can leave her with the mother, does that apply to leaving her at the same time with the second litter (if there is one)?

On the subject of water. I've put today a very shallow and small water dish for the pups because they keep munching on vegetables. Right now the seed mix is in a bowl where pups can get it, should i put it somewhere where they can reach it? is it too soon to give alternative food from mothers milk?

Here are some pictures and i can confirm that there are 4 pups. I'm so happy that they are all ok and that they survived all the changes.