View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 10:26 AM  
AcidRainbow13
Newborn Pup

Smile Stacking Cages??

Hello all
I'm Rebecca and I only got my first Hamster last year, age 29! (Am a late bloomer!) He's a little dwarf called Peanut and is currently in a homemade 2-tier bin cage, each measuring 80x50cm, with a lower level extension connected by a tube at 50x40cm (his "bedroom!") All have meshed sides and top.
I adopted a little girl a few weeks ago, a Syrian (OMG She's huge compared to my little Peanut!) and she is in the Skyline Barney 100cm. I now have the opportunity of taking in another young Syrian (hamster, not refugee) that that someone is unable to care for and was wondering whether I could stack a 100cm cage on top of the other? I would ideally be stacking the Barney on top of either a Savic Plaza or a Mamble (they have much bigger side doors for easier access) and just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on this...would it stress out the Hams one being on top of the other? Would the lower cage take the weight without bowing? I would separate the 2 with a thin sheet of plywood to prevent any potential nibbling from the bottom cage, but yeah - stress and weight concern me...

Sincerely hope that makes sense - any input much appreciated!!
AcidRainbow13 is offline   Reply With Quote