Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 03:32 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
So he has the entrance compartment with the door in the middle and two interior walls. Can't see why you couldn't cut these walls down or, if you don't want to "ruin" an expensive Rodipet house and keep it for a future hamster, you could buy him the Ferplast guinea pig house for a tenner to see how he gets on with that. You could cut a hole in the roof so he can still pop out.

I cut the roof into two sections so i can lift off the small part to check on his hoard, old food etc without disturbing him in his nest which is under the larger section.
That is a clever idea cutting the roof in half . Yes it would be easy to cut out the interior walls (well easy for OH with his saw anyway!) But I cut the front door in the middle so it would still be two separate ends probably. It would be better if the door was at one end. What I need is another house the same and cut the front door at one end. Not sure I want to fork out for one though. But could be possible to cut a new door and block the current one up - wouldn’t look too glamorous!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote