View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 02:19 AM  
Ithuviel
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Help with fostering(i have questions)

thank you all for the replies. i have and update. After giving the mother lots of tissue she made her nest in the red house and moved all the pups during the night. I put a picture of the updated cage. I will look in the forum section you mentioned.

Because it kind of smells, i would like in about 7 days to get rid of the tray. As she abandoned the old nest, do you guys think that it would disturb her. I gave her baby food(chicken and rice), then boiled egg and today she has meal worms next to the new house. I give her extra food 2 table spoons and i make sure she has plenty of seed mix.

So here is a funny montage made by my husband about what she did the whole day yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Og2Zmb0RCQ&t=10s

The fostering system is actually the only system we have in Romania. There are also a couple of girls (school age) that are doing the same in the western part of the country. I wish one day some shelter will be available for all other animals except dogs and cats (those have numerous shelters)

Thank you all again and i will keep you updated. Also i think there are 3 pups and not 4 as the owner told me.