View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 07:07 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Help with fostering(i have questions)

The mother may be agitated if she hasn't been able to build a proper nest & keep her pups safe, that is hidden from any outside/human attention.
I wouldn't put a wheel in with the pups so young, the main thing with a mother & very young pups is lots of nesting material, toilet tissue & a good depth of substrate & leave well alone as much as possible. I don't know if it might still happen at this age but if the mother & pups are disturbed too much then she could potentially cull the pups so lots of peace & quiet, plenty of good quality food are the most important right now.
I can't remember for sure but I think pups are usually separated at about four weeks but it may be a little earlier, hopefully someone else will know for sure, at this point you can separate them into male & female groups until they are a little older.
There is definitely a chance mum could be pregnant again so that would be something to look out for.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote