View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 08:18 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Extreme hair loss.pls help

Not taking skin samples means she has at the very least not done her proper veterinary work. Regardless of country, that is absolutely critical to proper diagnosis and quite frankly makes me suspect that vet isn't actually very good.

Because you haven't had proper diagnosis through actual testing(no, physical observation does not count) you cannot say for sure what this hamster does or does not have. I would be extremely hesitant to even give the injections as you clearly still don't know what this is - and if it isn't mange you could be causing way more harm to your hamster and still not fixing the problem.

Other than that highly disappointing to say the least vet, linseed and flax seed are the same thing. It may not fix things on its own though if you have dry flaky skin, but it should at least help.

I would personally not use the injections until a proper diagnosis is done for the reasons already mentioned. It is reckless and if I'm being completely honest with you unethical for a vet to support untested "treating" of a condition that very well could be nowhere near the real problem. Try a high quality 100% coconut oil - excellent for dry skin as long as there's no rash, just be sure to rub it in thoroughly and don't do too much at a time.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote