View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 03:26 PM  
Periwinkle
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Is the Vet really doing the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostsInSnow View Post
If that is what the vet has prescribed I would stick with it. Sometimes an extended course of antibiotics is needed if things have improved but not quite 100% (I work in a vets so do see this happen from time to time) Obviously after she's finished this next course, if things still aren't sorted then perhaps see if there's another vet at the clinic that you can talk to for a second opinion but I'd go with your current vets advice for now.

Some chronic resp infections can take slightly longer to go away and on occasion, if it's been a particularly bad one then rarely, lung scarring can occur which can cause the clicking to continue even once the infection has cleared up. But definitely stick with the Baytril for now.

You could try changing her bedding if you think it might be an allergy to that. Is the bedding particularly dusty?

Yes, I'll definitely be sticking with it although I am just nervous. Do you ever see anything other than Baytril given for a URI?

Lung scarring... Hmm, I've never heard of that. Maybe I'll ask about it at the next visit. The infection apparently wasn't very severe and we caught it early, on the first day she was showing any symptoms.

I don't think the bedding is dusty... It is supposed to be dust free, after all. Is paper bedding usually the way to go for allergies?
Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote