View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 11:24 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Hamster cage views for newbie

Hi and welcome to HC!

This cage is too small for a hamster but you could take everything out and use it as a hanging basket for trailing plants.

My Syrian lives in the Alaska cage from Zooplus which costs just over £30 delivered. You'll need to get a large house and a large wheel for a Syrian plus substrate, food, hides and tunnels for enrichment plus toys.
A house you can make from a cardboard box like a shoe box and toys you can also make from cardboard. You'll find ideas on youtube.

You could look into the small ads where hamsters are sometimes up for sale including their sometimes large cages or have a look at rescues as they sometimes sell hamsters with their complete set ups.

I'd wait until you find the right cage and you are already doing the right thing by asking for advice here. I wasted quite a bit of money by buying a too small cage, house and wheel then had to replace everything as my Syrian grew.

Have a look at the threat "Let's see your cages" under Housing on the Forum to find out more about hamster habitats.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote