View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 01:27 PM  
Corbeens
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Cage size for a syrian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
I have a robo and Syrians. My Syrians are 5x the size of my robo. Look at the palm of your hand, a Syrian would fill that space, unless you have huge hands.

Smallest cage I have for a Syrian is 70x50 I think. Ideally that'd be ok temporary accommodation. Unfortunately once you have a 11" wheel, bowls, a hide and some chew toys there's hardly any room. :/

In the future, any Syrian I have would be in a indoor guinea pig/rabbit cage and mesh the bars. They're typically 100x50 and I've seen them for £30.

Just for comparison purposes I have added 2 photos of my Syrian setups. Grey base is the smaller one, one with the pink wheel is a zoozone and is a guinea pig cage. You can see which one is better IMO.
I have a zoozone for one of my dwarfs, but it's not meshed as I have ran into difficulty finding a good mesh for the lid. Do you remember what mesh that is? And I can definitely see the difference here, and I feel like I would not really like putting a syrian in a cage that I felt was small so definitely no syrian for me for a while
Corbeens is offline   Reply With Quote