View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 05:24 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Any Gardeners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
Hoping to start composting this year so if anyone knows anything about that feel free to share. Also got to manure the veggie patch sometime this upcoming week so that'll be fun
That's easy. Get a composter or allocate a space for a compost heap and chuck peelings in it then get a garden fork and turn it over now and again. Takes about a year to get some decent compost. I haven't bought any commercial compost in years and don't use any kind of chemicals in my garden either.

Pears and hazelnuts grow in my garden anyway. I also grow herbs and have grown runner beans, cucumber, radishes, lettuce and pumpkins that looked like UFOs in the past.

I'm not really into flowers much and prefer architectural type of plants like yuccas and other spikey ones but saying that, i poked myself in the eye once moving one and had to see the Gp so i wear protective glasses now when gardening.

What's a loofah? Only loofah i know is the one to scrub my back with.

My Syrian loves dandelion leaf and flower, glover, daisies and herbs like basil and parsley. They are all munching on my stash of homegrown hazelnuts. I have to slightly crack them though. First time i gave Syrian Henry a hazelnut he showed a lot of interest but couldn't crack it open and ended up playing pawball with it.

Are all hamsters so de-skilled? Does anyone have a hamster who is able to crack a nut open?
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote