View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 03:16 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Any Gardeners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
Thanks so much for this. I forgot about strawberries, I'll think I want to grow those.

I looked into growing loofah a while ago. Loofah chews from pet shops are so overpriced, but my pets do like them. I think I might revisit that idea.
I got starter plants for my strawberries as I could never get them to grow from seed only buy a few plants though as every year they'll grow this 'arm' which you can bury into the soil and create another plant called daughter plants. I bought 3 5yrs ago they quickly became 11. Unfortunately a family member put a load of soil on top of them beginning of last year and killed them all so I got 3 more last spring and I need to plant them into bigger pots as I think they've all got at least 2 daughter plants on them. Now you can cut these off if you don't want anymore but who'd do that?!

Is loofah easy to grow? to be honest I have never thought of that so I might have a little look as I may give it a go too. Although it depends how much space it takes up as well...ill be rather busy this year...and that's just food stuffs
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote