View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 08:59 PM  
biscuit2020
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Rest Easy Biscuit

2 days ago I lost my sweet Robo Dwarf, Biscuit. This was 3 weeks after I noticed that she was having bleeding and the vet diagnosed her with a uterine tumor. I chose not to put her through surgery because I knew that it would be frightening and stressful for her, but now I wonder if I made the right decision. She didn't seem sick until about 24 hours before she passed, and even so, she still ate and drank until about 30 minutes before she passed, so I hope that this means that she wasn't in pain. Her blood loss increased a lot in her last day with us, so I think that she just lost too much blood and she became too weak.

Biscuit passed away while I was holding her, keeping her warm in a heated blanket. When her breathing became labored, I told her that it was alright for her to let go and that she can finally have her peace and rest. She passed almost immediately after I told her that. Even though my heart broke in that moment, I am so glad that I got to be with her until the very end. It was as though she waited to be with me so that I could tell her that I loved her one last time.

Although Biscuit was small, she left big footprints on my heart. She helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and I loved her so much. My room feels so empty without her and I miss the sound of her running on her wheel and munching on snacks while I laid in bed at night.

I like to think that Biscuit is somewhere now where she can run free, explore, and eat as many pumpkin seeds as she wants. I miss her so much and my heart aches right now, but having her in my life for the time that I did was worth the pain that I am feeling now.

Rest easy, Biscuit. Thank you for being my sweet girl!
biscuit2020 is offline   Reply With Quote